675 Massachusetts Avenue, 7th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02139
Phone: (617) 492-0800
Fax: (617) 492-0888
100 Montgomery Street, Suite 1700
San Francisco, CA 94104
Phone: (415) 391-3070
Fax: (415) 956-9916
Hourly parking is available at the Green Street Garage.
Driving Directions to the Garage from the Mass Pike (I-90):
1. Take the Brighton/Cambridge exit (exit 18). Follow signs to Cambridge.
2. Continue straight over the River Street Bridge (Charles River) and onto River Street.
3. Take River Street for 0.6 miles.
4. Take a right onto Franklin Street.
5. At third stop sign take a left onto Brookline Street.
6. Take the first left onto Green Street.
7. Continue straight through one stop sign and take a left into Green Street Parking Garage.
8. After exiting the garage, continue down Green Street and take a right at the first stop sign. CEP's building is located at the next intersection at the corner of Massachusetts Avenue and Prospect Street.
Our office is located at the Central Square T stop on the Red Line. Once on Massachusetts Avenue, walk towards Harvard Square (away from the Charles River and Boston), to the corner of Massachusetts Avenue and Prospect Street.
Click here for other directions to CEP, Cambridge.
Driving Directions from I-80:
From I-80 East:
1. Take the Fourth Street exit, Exit 2, toward Last San Francisco Exit
2. Turn slight left onto Bryant St.
3. Turn left onto 3rd St.
4. 3rd St. becomes Kearny St.
5. Turn right onto Bush St.
6. Turn right onto Montgomery St.
From I-80 West:
1. Take the Fremont St. exit
2. Take the Fremont St. ramp
3. Turn left onto Fremont St.
4. Fremont St. becomes Front St.
5. Turn left onto Pine St.
6. Turn left onto Montgomery St.
There are parking lots and garages within walking distance:
Ampco System Parking
36 Battery St
San Francisco, CA 94111
Mills Building Garage
220 Montgomery St
San Francisco, CA 94104
Our office is located 2 blocks away from the Montgomery Street Station, which is served by the BART Richmond – Millbrae, Fremont – Daly City, Pittsburg/Bay Point – SFO, and Dublin/Pleasanton – Millbrae lines, as well as all MUNI metro lines.
As well, Montgomery Station is served by San Francisco Muni routes 2 Clement, 3 Jackson, 4 Sutter, 5 Fulton, 6 Parnassus, 7 Haight, 9 San Bruno, 9X Bayshore Express, 9AX Bayshore "A" Express, 9BX Bayshore "B" Express, 10 Townsend, 14 Mission, 21 Hayes, 30 Stockton, 31 Balboa, 38 Geary, 45 Union-Stockton , 71 Haight-Noriega, 71 Haight-Noriega Limited, 81X Caltrain Express, F Market, J Church, K Ingleside, L Taraval, M Ocean View, N Judah, S Castro Shuttle, and T Third Street.
For more information on public transport, see http://www.sfmta.com/cms/home/sfmta.php.
The Center for Effective Philanthropy's staff includes experts in a variety of areas crucial to foundation effectiveness. We'd be pleased to share what we have learned about:
- general grantmaking effectiveness
- funder performance assessment
- foundation governance
- funder-grantee relations
- foundation strategy
Mark Russell, Director - Communications & Programming, 617-492-0800 ext. 280.
For suggestions and comments, please contact our Webmaster.
For information on research initiatives, such as the Foundation Strategy Study, contact Ellie Buteau, PhD, Vice President – Research, at (617) 492-0800 x213.
For information on our assessment tool offerings, contact Kevin Bolduc, Vice President – Assessment Tools, at (617) 492-0800 x202.
For information on our conferences and other programming, contact Mark Russell, Director – Communications & Programming, at (617) 492-0800 x280.
Please see our careers page for information about employment opportunities.
For general information about CEP and its activities, please call (617) 492-0800 x205 and you will be directed to the correct department.